Thursday, September 25, 2008

1 week later!

well,

Its been one week since surgery. Yesterday I got my bands cut off that were holding my mouth wired shut! That was exciting. I didnt really know what to expect. Thanks to all the friends I have made through this process I was prepared that my mouth won't open. So, I was not surprised when it only opened 2mm! WOOHOO! Heck at least I can breathe better now.
Then all of sudden something clicked. If I can breathe better than I can eat better. So I ate more yesterday than I had eaten the entire week I was down! Then something else clicked. The more I eat the faster I heal, because of all of a sudden My face is not so numb! YAY you think right?! NO!!!! BAD!!!! All of a sudden a had a complete awareness of where my bolts, screws and plates were! OUCH!!!! So, now, not only do I have more pain, but I dont have the forced closure of my lower jaw! Bad combination for one day! I have this new theory about it. I am not one to take meds, so I decided last night that when I am in pain I am going to relax lay down and put on my piano worship music and just pick one person and pray for them until I either fall asleep or I feel more relaxed and better...

Anyways, something else. Many of you that while I love my mother she is not exactly my friend perse. Well, I realized something this week. I do not enjoy my mother caring for me! I have always been very independant, and was from a young age not to complain and not suck up the pain. Probably cause when I was little I was wuss. But all of a sudden I am having this procedure done and determination set in! You can do this! You will get better! And I realized that because of my mom I have kicked back from this a lot faster, and with a lot better personality than lots of people! So, see, there is one great thing about my mom!

No comments: