Saturday, September 20, 2008

I survived!

WEll, the procudure went so well. My OS was the first person I saw when I woke up, and he informed me that it was only necessary to do the top jaw! Woohoo! they were able to only move my top jaw forward without moving the lower jaw back. he said he really enjoyed performing this procedure, because as he moved my top jaw he could see where my face should have been all along! and it automatically lined my tongue up with my palate.
I was so blessed to have 2 christian nurses who took care of me at night! The one Celes would come in and sing hymns to me while i was trying to fall asleep, and the other was a Dr in the Philippines. We wrote/talked all about the Philippines and my previous time there. They became my friends! We talked about bible verses, and my mom got to sleep while they took good care of me.
The worst part about post op was thrwoing up, but even that wasnt bad! I just had a lot of dried blood in my stomach still and that only comes out one way! so I think I finally threw the last up last night.
My dad has been making me carrot apple juice to drink through the zip n squeeze bags which seriously everyone who is having this done should invest in! They are the best!
Ok, my meds are kickin in now, and i dont know what Im talking about anymore, so im gonna go to sleep, and write more later!
thanks for your prayers! Dont stop em! Keep em comin!

1 comment:

Grace said...

you lived in the Philippines? I grew up in Kenya!