Monday, September 22, 2008

more pics and an update!

There it is the first step! next came the drugs I really
enjoyed that made me relax!
This was my first meal! lemon sorbet watered down! my profile again... sorry I cant see what I uplaod!

Day 2! again... I think! still got my sense of humor!
so, today was the first day after surgery I have actually felt like eating! mind you when I say eat I mean squeeze it into my mouth through a little straw bag! So, after 3 full meals (ok thats like 2 ounces of liquid each) I was lying on the couch while my mom ate ice cream. I decided I wanted ice cream!!! So, I asked! she went and made me a moose tracks milk shake! mmm... so i drank the firts little bit and wanted more, when she took the bag to fill it up again I sucked the last little bit in the sttraw onto my lip... OH MY GOSH! A perfectly yummy splash of milk shake on my lip, and no way to get it into my mouth!!! Mucht o my surprise I just wiped it off, but fora whole moment I was completely desperate to taste that little drop! Then she brought me a while new bag and I was fine, but I had yet to experience a panic like that one!Recovery is going well. The first three days were like hell. If you came to see me Im sorry I fell asleep. The pressure from the swelling was so much it would push on my temples and my inner ear and i would be completely defenssiveless and just sleep! Crash! almost like passing out, but not. Now, that that feeling is gone! you shoudl come back and see me! most of the annoyances are over now! however there are still a few! one thing that certainly took getting sed to was this plastic wafer that is placed between my teeth. It forces correct allignment, but it collects all the spit possible and blocks the space between my teeth which is like the only place i have to suck air from! so after conquering that I am breathing much better now!Another really annoying thing has been my nose. It has been running like no other! this is a healing response I have heard, however does not take away from the mass amounts of crap that go down my throat! (whichtend to come back up that way when too much gets in there!) On a happy nose note the bleeds have stopped! which was causing most of my throwing up, which I was scared about but once i figured it will come out inspite of the fact you cant open your teeth I was ok with this.Today I realized how much my legs and butt hurt! I cant sleep on my side so I have spent 5 days just laying here! Sitting up tends to cause more swelling. My friend Barbara came to see me today who has been through more medical stuff than anyone I know, which was very encouraging, and on top of that we went and sat outside! That was nice until my face began to ache... then we came back in. It is so nice though just to e able to hear people talk. I dont care if I cant imput just t listen to the stories and stuff is so nice! Thanks to everyone who has been praying you guys have seriously carried me through this. I just kept reminding myself this is only temporary. Today is only one day! On Wednesday I have my appointment to get my bands cut off! YAY! I hope it actually happens! then I can progress with the eating part as I feel. I cant chew for 8 weeks, but mashed potatoes and gravy are not considered chewing! neither is cheesecake!!!! Its a mooshy diet! I just hope seriously I can get my mouth open that far enough to get it in. Thats our next prayer request. God was good and kept the pain away! and the swelling wa snot at all what it could have been! now lets pray for the healing process too come about quickly! So that I can eat! and I love to explain to the dr how it happened so fast!Ok, I gotta go the moving is kinda aching my face! HA!

No comments: